13 January 2010

roads

I'm Stacia. A few times per year I travel on a short term basis to various places in the world to serve others with skills I've learned in construction while serving in the army, and also through my civilian job as a Physical Therapist. I wanted to start this blog to share my experiences. This year I will be traveling to Togo with Mercy Ships to complete some building projects. I have been to Port-Au-Prince, Haiti in the past volunteering at the House of Hope orphanage. I may try to travel there again this year in light of the current earthquake situation. Please pray for Haiti.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there. Happy Birthday!
    I enjoyed reading your posts about Haiti. It already seems so long ago. I watched the hour long Frontline documentary last night. It's very moving. The problem is still so real. So big.
    I know the feeling of those around you at home not being as interested in the stories...it really is a different world. And maybe for some people it's easier not to be confronted with what happens outside of their circle. But, keep sharing! People do need to hear and you never know who you will stimulate to go and make a difference.
    Take care,
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete